Speech & Debate Scholarships
Speech & Debate members can earn scholarships
Incoming first-year students and first-year transfer students will be considered based on four criteria:
- Previous participation in competitive speech and/or debate activities or some similar presentation experience (required);
- Commitment to active participation and competitive excellence in speech & debate at Minnesota State University, Mankato (required);
- Letter of recommendation from a former coach (required);
- Performance abilities demonstrated through a recorded video upload (required).
- Be a member of the Speech & Debate Team
- Submit a statement as to why he/she should be granted the scholarship addressing academic record, financial need (if any), forensic goal, and career goals
Applicants must be a:
- Returning student majoring in or intending to major or minor in Communication Studies
- Member of the Speech & Debate Team
Preference given to students who have demonstrated interest in social protest and rhetorical criticism and have experience in social activism.