About the The Midwestern Conference on Professional Psychology (MCPP)
The Midwestern Conference on Professional Psychology (MCPP) is an annual conference in Owatonna, Minnesota hosted by the Department of Psychology. The conference has become known over the years as simply “The Owatonna Conference.” The goal of the conference is to promote the dissemination of empirically-oriented research from a variety of disciplines within the field of psychology. The conference is intended to involve a wide audience of students, faculty, and community professionals.
For MCPP 2023, will include:
- A student research poster session
- Student research oral presentations
- Psychology department Demos
- Invited speakers discussing their areas of specialty:
- Dr. Roberto Aspholm (University of St. Thomas)
- Dr. Felix Pambuccian (Minnesota State Universiy, Mankato)
- Dr. R. Danielle Scott (Minnesota State Universiy, Mankato)
- Dr. Samantha Tupy (Fargo Veteran’s Affairs Health Care System)
- Dr. Joseph Wohkittel (Minnesota State Universiy, Mankato)
- Psi Chi Induction and Department Awards Ceremony
- Lunch Buffet
The 2023 MCPP will be held on Thursday, March 23 from 2 p.m.-4:30 p.m. (CSU Ostrander Auditorium), and Friday, March 24 from 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. at Centennial Student Union (CSU 253-255) on Minnesota State University, Mankato campus.
All students, faculty, staff, and community professionals may register for the conference online. Early bird rates apply for registrations received before March 13.
|Registration Type||Early (Before March 17)||Regular (March 18 and later)|
|Student (both days)||$10||$15|
|Minnesota State Faculty and Staff (both days)||$15||$20|
|Community Professional (Friday day)||$25||$30|
|Community Professional (Friday only)||$0||$0|
Minnesota State Universiy, Mankato students can attend the conference as a 1-credit course (PSYC490/590, Workshop: Midwestern Conference). Tuition rates apply. However, students seeking course credit will receive permission to register for the course only after completing the registration form online and paying the conference registration fee. Students must attend the entire conference and write a reflection paper about their experience in order to receive course credit. A syllabus with reflection paper guidelines will be provided through D2L for registered students.