Chip Panahon, Interim Associate Dean
Professor | School Psychology Doctoral Program
- Ph.D. in School Psychology, Syracuse University, 2005
Areas of Interest
- Academic Interventions for Children with EBD
- Behavioral Intervention for Children with EBD
- Utilizing Choice and Performance Feedback to Increase Academic Productivity
- School Consultation
- Effects of Noncontingent Reinforcement on Academic Performance
- Psyc 304 Introduction to School Psychology
- Psyc 433 Child Psychology
- Psyc 436 Adolescent Psychology
- Psyc 476 Applied Behavior Analysis
- Psyc 705 Tests and Measures in Education
- Psyc 725 Consultation and Prevention
- Psyc 737 Multicultural School Psychology
- Panahon, C.J. & Martens, B.K. (2013). A Comparison of Noncontingent Plus Contingent Reinforcement to Contingent Reinforcement Alone on Students’ Academic Performance. Journal of Behavioral Education, 22(1), 37-49.
- Codding, R.S., Hilt-Panahon, A., Panahon, C.J., & Benson, J.L. (2009). Addressing Mathematics Problems Through School-based Interventions: A review of the literature. Education and Treatment of Children, 32(2), 279-312.
- Fabiano, G.A., Pelham, W.E., Karmazin, K, Panahon, C.J., & Carlson, C. (2008). A group contingency program to improve the behavior of elementary students in a cafeteria. Behavior Modification, 32(1), 121-132.
- Chafouleas, S.M., McDougal, J.L., Riley-Tillman, T.C., Panahon, C.J., & Hilt, A.M.(2005). What do daily behavior report cards (DBRCs) measure? An initial comparison of DBRCs with Direct observation for off-task behavior. Psychology in the School, 42, 669-676.