Criminal Justice Study Tour
Students interested in this program must first receive permission to participate from the program leader, please e-mail Dr. Tamara Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Thor Dahle at email@example.com, with your interest in the program.
Come with us to these three amazing cities over winter break. Learn about other nations' justice systems and responses to terrorism, as well as experience more fun than imaginable by visiting these unique places and meeting new people. This program is open to all majors.
- We go over winter break, so the trip does NOT interfere with classes!
- Financial aid is available!
- All majors are welcome to participate!
- Earn three upper-level credits per course or a total of six credits!
For more information, please visit Criminal Justice Study Tour, check out the MSU CJ Study Abroad Trips Facebook page, or contact the program leaders:
Dr. Tamara Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Thor Dahle at email@example.com
Criminal Justice Study Tour: Belfast and Dublin
December 30, 2019 to January 11, 2020
Estimated Program Cost: $3,476
NO PREREQUISITES REQUIRED!!
Visit the SBS Study abroad page for more information.
The Law Enforcement Club
The Law Enforcement Club is a social organization for any and all students interested in a future career in law enforcement. Speakers, peer tutoring, police and patrol techniques, and career guidance have composed meeting agendas. The club seeks to provide a service contribution to the community. The club usually meets once a month at 5:00 pm or 6:00 pm. The cost to join is minimal.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpha Phi Sigma
Alpha Phi Sigma is dedicated to recognizing the high academic achievements of criminal justice students. Alpha Phi Sigma, the National Criminal Justice Honor Society, is dedicated to recognizing the high academic achievements of its members. Our members have proved themselves as distinguished students. In past years, members of our local chapter, Alpha Delta Alpha, have won scholarships, won an Outstanding Chapter Webpage Award, and been recognized by Minnesota State University, Mankato as the University’s Outstanding Student Organization. Membership requirements are as follows:
- Be a student majoring or minoring in a Criminal Justice discipline such as Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, or Corrections.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 3.2 both overall and in the major.
- Have completed as least 12 semester credits in “Criminal Justice” classes (i.e. LAWE and/or CORR), and
- Have completed at least 43 credits.
You should strongly consider joining this elite organization if you desire:
- Scholarship opportunities
- Professional association networking
- Resume enhancement
- Internship opportunities
- Potential for a federal pay grade step increase
The Corrections Club is a social organization for any and all students interested in a future career in criminal justice and corrections.
For more information, please visit
Internships are not required for the Criminal Justice Program, but we do encourage students to enrich their education while preparing for the future by seeking an internship.