The NPL Program prioritizes interdisciplinary learning in both theory and practice. Students in the NPL Program gain hands-on experience through service learning and supervised internships at many nonprofit agencies including:
- American Red Cross
- Committee Against Domestic Abuse (CADA)
- Mankato Sympony Orchestra
- YWCA Mankato
- YMCA Mankato
- Blue Earth Nicollet County Humane Society (BENCHS)
- Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota
- Open Door Health Center
- Feeding Our Communities Partners
- Mankato Rehabilitation Center Inc. (MRCI)
- Habitat for Humanity of South Central Minnesota
- United Way of Mankato
- Mahkato Mdewakanton Association’s Annual Pow Wow
… among many others!
Click here to explore internship opportunities as supervised in the Department of Sociology and Corrections.