Incoming First-Year BFA Candidates
Applicants are expected to have a minimum GPA of 2.5 and/or rank in the top 40 percent of their high-school class. Students who do not meet these academic standards may be admitted, but must meet the BFA continuation requirements by the end of the freshman year or will be subject to dismissal from the program.
Required Information Prior to Auditions:
Email Daniel Stark the following information prior to auditions.
- A resume, no longer than two pages, with all dance experience beginning with your junior year in high school. List in chronological order beginning with the most recent.
- A 150-word, word-processed essay telling us why you want to pursue a BFA in Dance.
- Two letters of recommendation are required from teachers, one for Dance and the other from a high school teacher that represents an academic area.
Auditions are required as part of the application process. The purpose of the new student placement audition is to determine what level of dance technique you should be in. Candidates will need to prepare the following for auditions.
- Participate in a 90-minute audition class
- Prepare a solo piece to perform (1-minute in length)
- Participate in an interview with the Dance faculty
- Submit a writing sample at the time of the audition