Where EARTH Systems Lab students find careers after working in the Lab
Here in the EARTH Systems Laboratory at Minnesota State, Mankato, we educate, train, and prepare students for a variety of career paths after they graduate from one of our academic programs. These careers range from furthering their education and continuing in academia, to working for a wide variety of government agencies and private businesses. We have a very high success rate for our student’s finding employment because of the training we provide in the lab.
This laboratory is integrated into a variety of courses in Earth Science, Geography, and Anthropology programs. In those classes, we utilize this lab space to train students through conducting scientific research, utilizing state-of-the-science methodologies, that put students at a competitive advantage when they enter the job market or when they are attempting to further their academic education.
Below, you will find a list of careers former EARTH Systems Lab students are now employed in. If any of these careers seem of interest to you, please reach out to us and we would be happy to get you involved in what we are doing in the EARTH Systems Lab.
Careers of Former EARTH Systems Lab Students:
- National Geospatial Intelligence Agency (United States Army)
- Sentera (St. Paul, MN)
- Barr Engineering (Rochester, MN)
- Jacobs Engineering (Anchorage, AK)
- University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire (Professor)
- SunShare (Denver, CO)
- Johnson Outdoors (Little Falls, MN)
- Ph.D. student (Arizona State, Colorado State, Bowling Green)
- M.S. student (Minnesota State, Mississippi State)
- Houston Engineering (Maple Grove, MN)
- Continental Mapping Consultants, LLC (now Axim Geospatial; Wisconsin)
- Magee Geophysical Services (Reno, NV)
- Arcadis (Minneapolis, MN)